We’re excited to have more than 3000 students join us on December 8, 2016 for Pack the Knapp – a fun and educational field trip to a
Drake women’s basketball game.
Here are educational resources that you can use with your students before and after the game. Even if you aren’t joining us for the game, some of these materials could still be great resources for your students.
Before the game
- Use our Classroom Pact tool to help set up expectations for behavior at the game.
- Review the Six Pillars of Character with this quick summary
After the game
- Send home (or email) this letter to parents to tell them about the game.
- Try these writing prompts.
- Students can compare what good character looks like in the classroom and at the game with this classroom activity.
- Did your students see good sportsmanship at the game? Here’s an activity to get students think about what sportsmanship looked like.
- Have some fun with coloring sheets featuring the Drake Bulldog or the Six Pillars.
- Check out these basketball-related books.
- Here’s a quick basketball-themed math activity. Get the dice ready (and it’s adaptable for your grade level)